Thursday, December 10, 2009

Beach Week 2009 Part I

There comes a time in every young boy's life when he goes through a rite of passage and becomes a man. Such things include: his first fight, his first kiss, and the first time he gets blacked-out drunk and pukes all over the place. But these are just small steps in being a man. In more advanced societies, the rite of passage usually involves killing an animal or in some cases like the Masai tribe, getting circumcised at the age of 16. But for American men, Senior Week is the epitome of the rite of passage. Nothing compares; the rampant alcohol abuse, watching fights break out, and occasionally being out in the sun. I did this at the young age of twenty-one.

Looking back, I think I had more fun because being older than everyone else should endeared me to them and make me on a god-like status. But mainly, I got drunk and tried to start fights. I was an evil god. But you don't want to hear about, you came for the infamous water story:

Some time during the week, at that point the days started to run together, everybody else had gone to bed and I was out smoking on the balcony. I came back in to find some random dude talking and/or harassing Jami. As soon I talked to him, my douchebag sensor went off and it went into overdrive when he said he was spending the night at our place. Sensing that his plan was to harass Jami into suicide, I began using my superior college intellect to get him to leave. He left and immediately there's a knock on the door. After he left again that's when I got the most brilliant idea and bonged three beers before going to bed.

Waking up the next morning, we were all surprised to see a pot of water on the stove. At the moment, I realized that folly of my plan:

Grant: Burdick, what's that water for?
Me: ah yeah...I started boiling that water in case that guy came back and I was going to throw it on him.
Everyone in the room: WHAT THE F***!

Yeah, I was going to commit murder for my friends and the guy never came around after that night. Following that incident, I was able to add him as a friend on facebook and looking back, I would have done the same thing again.
--
Time for the video of the day:


well...it is finals week, so I'll be generous:

No comments:

Post a Comment